• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

System Will Not Post When O/C'ing Athlon 900

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bryz

Registered
Here are my specs:

Asus A7V
Athlon 900 Mhz
256 PC133 Mhz SDRAM
Asus v7100 Geforce 2 MX
Soundblaster Live X-Gamer
And a buncha cooling stuff that I'm not worried about.

Now here's the problem...I happily have crossed the bridges of my cpu with pencil lead, threw some thermal paste and my heatsync/fan (non-retail :p) back on it. Barely maintaining my composure, as most of my friends get their chips to 1.2 ghz easily, I turn on the computer and try the jumperfree system to no avail. I got maybe 63 mhz more out of it and if I tried to play any game w/ opengl (or any application that would use my Geforce 2) it would freeze upon loading the first frame of the actual game.

So I figure that it was probably just an annoyance with the jumperfree system so I decide I'll try and just switch around the jumpers on my board itself. Deciding that rather than o/c'ing all the way to 1.2, I'll try 1.11 first so I go 9.5 x 117 and see what happens. Well, to say the least, my computer will not boot whatsover. I hit the power switch and all the fans turn on, but no awe-inspiring beep to prove my efforts were to some avail. In addition to this, my monitor remained in suspend mode so no signal was being received from my video card. I put the chip back to default settings and it works fine (right now).

My question is, anyone else run into this problem or anyone have a solution? Kinda concerned about my voltage settings, but I'm not too sure what I should set them at. Could my multipliers (9.5 x 117) be an issue; something else perhaps? Your input would be greatly appreciated.

Bryz.

If your board is using the KT133 chipset then the 117 fsb is the prob, try just upping the mult and see how that goes first. If your board has the KT133A chipset try dropping the mult to 7.5 and upping the fsb to 133, that will take you to 1000, at 117 fsb your PCI bus is waaaaaayyyy out of wack and the ram, or some other card may be crapping out.

Fiz

Back