• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

case fan layout

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dontplay

Registered
I have a standard mid tower case and im wondering how my fans should be placed. Right now I have 2 exhaust in back 1 exhaust in the side and 2 intake in the front. Both the front and the back fans are pretty restricted because of the design (im going to change this asap). What I'm wondering is should i have the the fan on the side running intake or exhaust? Right now case motherboard temps are higher than cpu temps (highest it gets is about 41c) and i think this is due to bad airflow. What do you guys think???

I agree with k3nshin. Don't forget your PSU is an exhaust also.
You may want to mount a 92mm fan on the side.(intake)
THE FANMAN:cool:

yeah im with you guys, having my side intake turned on lowers my temps bout 8-10C on my mobo temp, maybe 3-4 cpu...btw it is a bit loud as i used my old stock 2.4C HSF, and did the pencil trick so it runs at 3875RPM...a bit noisy but still very cool...I would suggest maybe cutting out the grates on your case that are infront of the fans...this will let heaps more air through, and you can put the wire one there instead if you eant - i just made up my own wire ones with thick fencing wire and a soldering iron.

thx for the help. Time to switch that fan around. hannas thats what I want to do but first I need to get a good hole saw. Then its cuttin time. =) thx for the help!

Dude get you some sheet metal snips to cut those case grills
out.Get the green handle( right hand ) tin snips.You will not have all the shavings or metal bits with the tin snips.They work great.
Just cut in a clockwise direction.As in righthanded circle.Cost $15.
You can get @ Home Depot/Hardware store.THE FANMAN:cool:

Back