• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question about Performance mode on CPU-Z

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

V6 Knight

Registered
okay, i just recently got my 1GB mushkin level 2. i put them in dual channel, everything is fine, BUT i have one question, why when i open CPU-z and go to the memory tab it says that my performance mode is disabled??, i have tried bios setting and still nothing, how do i enable it, thanks!

Ritalin said:
specs of rig?
always post them :)
I disabled it on my mobo (put it on standart).
Ritalin

P4 2.4c @ 3.2GHz
1 GB of Mushkin PC3500 Level 2
ATi 9800 Pro 128
P4P800 Deluxe

V6 Knight said:

P4 2.4c @ 3.2GHz
1 GB of Mushkin PC3500 Level 2
ATi 9800 Pro 128
P4P800 Deluxe

Only way to enable PAT (MAM) on this board (without a neato BIOS trick/hack) is to run at 200MHz. Anything more and PAT (MAM) is disabled, but you'll probably be making up for it by running your RAM faster anyway.

I have the same issue on mine running 5/4 250/200. From what I understand, anything other than 200/200 will result in PAT being disabled. Now the Anandtech article, "Memory the Holy Grail, Part 2" says that all the configurations he ran showed PAT as enabled except running 4 single banked sticks of ram above 200/200 (which showed PAT as disabled). Well I have 4 sticks of single banked ram running in my rig.

What I find interesting in my situation is even though cpuz says it's disabled, I still have the Turbo, Street Racer, and F1 available and I can change it to Turbo and I do get a small increase in benchmarks. System won't boot running either of the other 2. Anyway this seems to me like it is still working, even though cpuz says it isn't. Dunno what's up with that.

Last edited:
It must have to do with your mobo and as Mike mentioned the number and type of ram modules. With the setup in my sig cpuz shows that performance mode is enabled.

I'm only running single channel @ 190 fsb running the 4/5 ratio with my P4P800 but CPU--Z says that my performance mode is enabled. So I don't think you have to run exactly @ 200 fsb to get the performance increase. I have Rev 2.1 btw.

I believe the performance mode only works in dual channel mode, but I would need to do some testing to prove this for tuner-oriented boards like my Abit.

Back