• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eheim Submersible Pump ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIRESTARR357

Has any one tryied these yet? the s1000 does 265gph and is very small. I am thinking of getting one because i have always used Submersible pumps when i water cool. I have a Eheim 1250 that i use as a Submersible Pump but i have had it for over a year and it has a small crack on the outlet so i want somthing else, and i beat the crap out of this pump and it lasted this long so i trust Eheim and I found a s1000 for $25. what do you guys think?

sounds good, can you include a picture of it?
and btw, how do you run submersible pumps? inside the case? electric box?

Suma.

I run them in tupper ware because its small and you normally can find one that fits the pump perfect so you can run it inside the case, after i get this i will post a picture of it.

ph_eh_compact.jpg

Like this , It has a cover with holes for the tubes and plug, I am painting it black right now so i took it off but you get the idea lol.

RWTDQ-pump.jpg

Well the 1000 seems good for water cooling, I have used alot of pumps and I know it could handle pc cooling just fine. Hoot used the 1048 inline Eheim if i remember and he never had a complaint , and the s1000 sub beats that in every way, it also like you said is right next to the 1250. All i really wanted to know is if they are built like the inlines ..... to last and from your post i see that they are. I am ganna get it and i'll post how it does :D

I got the C1000 version, and its c1000 btw not s1000. The c stands for compact, just thought i would clear that up. It definately seems powerful enough, and you can adjust how powerful it is, which is pretty useful.
There must be a way to make it submersible and still look good. I dont think the tupperware looks that great. The electric boxs are also ugly in my opinion. Id really appreaciate pics of a clean "good looking" submersible setup.

Well thats one thing you can do with tupperware is paint it the whole thing or just the cover, i used that new krylon fusion that needs no priming or sanding and bonds to plastic, this is the finished product, I always liked sub pumps because there is no bleeding or any of that crap just hook it up drop it in the water and bam done.

pump11.jpg

I'm running the 1000 in my laptop watercooling system, and it is silent and powerful for it's size. I would recommend it for a mid size system.

How do you seal the tubing holes? How did you cut them? I like the look of that and I am going to build a water rig soon, I would like to steal..erm...borrow this. Did you get it from a site or just on your own?

I got it on my own, took me along time of trips to walmart and price chopper in the plastic container isles to find one that fit the pump good and fit in the case good but it can be done thats for sure. All i did was line the outlet up on the cover and used a razor blade to cut the tubbing holes a little smaller then the tubes, then just pushed them in so no need to seal them cuz they hold tight.

Back