• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core Volts and PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thwei

I'm running a P4 2.8b @ 3150mhz, and the core voltage runs 1.63 idle, and then drops to about 1.54-1.55 at max load. Is this too much of a drop in voltage? Or is that normal? Everything runs stable enough, many benchmark loops and long hours of Counterstrike without a crash or even error.

I have seen this on most P4 boards for the last year or so, perfectly normal. Just means you need to monitor your core voltage using MBM to see its "real" level at full load. It means you may have to put 1.725v in BIOS to get an actual 1.65 at core under load.
What board are you running?

ASUS P4PE - i845PE chipset ... really a crappy board, i'm just waiting for some prices to drop so I can upgrade ;)

Everything runs stable under load, so I don't think i'll crank up vcore anymore than it is. I'm running a modified Thermaltake Spark 7+ ... so I can't really have too much heat until I install my cold air intake.

So my PSU isn't junk after all? :D

Back