• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

quail

Ok, here's the thing. I am planning on building a new comp. I want this to be the perfect OC'ing machine. The best combo of parts that will allow for the highest OC'ing. combo being mobo, CPU, memory, PSU. So what ones work the best with eachother? Im interested to here your coments. Price is not a large issue, but the cheaper the betta ;)

Is it allowed to be AMD?

A lot of people are going with a Barton 2500+(the current ones are great oc'ers) Abit NF7-S, and the ram is still questionable, I'm on PC3200, some might like PC3500 or even 3700. But that mobo and proc setup is gold.

I would recommend getting something higher than PC3200 if you're going to use a 2500+. I made that mistake of getting 3200 with mine, and I think it's what's holding my system back.

Hmm, how about checking out my sig. That would be the last system you'll need for the next 1.5-2 years. So far it's doing me good and will keep on OCin. If the money is the problem for cooling, just wait a few months for price drop on the mach2 or get a mach1/vapochill. Trust me, they worth the buck!

Back