• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which processor-1.2, 1.33, 1.4

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

I'm building an AMD system and wondereing which processor should I get a 1.2, 1.33 or 1.4-Is it worth paying the extra $70 or so to go from a 1.2 to 1.4? I'll probably do some overclocking and I know a 1.2 Thunderbird will go to 1.4. But I also know there's a chance I might not get a very overclockable 1.2 either. Got my MSI K7t Turbo limited board yesterday(w/o Raid)!!!! Please give some suggestions. Also someone tell me if this HSF is good enough for the Athlons:

I was just gonna say, ask Hoot about the 1 gig chips. They're real cheap and they can go real high. Hoot's gettin more out of his 1 gig chip than I could out of my late 1333. I personally think the 1 gig and up chips might be the same core just tested to run at the rated speed while at the default voltage.

I also recommend the 1ghz AXIA. They are very cheap, and usually overclock to 1.4, at a low voltage, as long as you have a decent heatsink.

Hoot, do you have the 1gig AXIA Y? I have an AXIA 9 and cant get over 1.47 stable with certain hardware installed. I have to max out my vcore just to run my sig right now.

it's been a while since I looked, by I believe it is an AXIA "Y". In your defense, I can only get to 1400 at 1.85V, but at 1.875 it runs 1450 solid. It's also solid at 1524 @ 2.05V, but the system is working so hard, I usually run it at 1500 in the winter and 1450 in the summer. I can post and get into Windows at 1575 @ 2.1V, but it falls out of Prime95 in the first pass. That is not a "stable OC" in my book.

Hoot

Back