• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED athlon 1.3 settings(newbie)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
S

saint

hi all
i just bought a new amd 1.3 cpu and asus a7v-e mb
i set the jumpers to jumperfree and the bios detected my cpu right speed but i dont know if that all i need to do .
i see that my system is at 100 mhz and i have an option to change it up to 110
what does it mean and should i change it????

Welcome to Overclockers.com Saint.
The 110 setting you are talking about is the bus speed. If your system is stable at 110mhz bus then your cpu would be at 1430mhz (110 bus X 13 multiplier). Overclocking by changing the multiplier may give you better results with your motherboard since the bus speed won't overclock much past 110. Unfortunately I don't think the multiplier on the A7V-E will go any higher than 13 so overclocking the bus may be your only option. If you can set the multiplier any higher then give it a try. Give us some more info on your system so we can help you out.

From the information you present, may I suggest that your read the newbie guides as these will give you a indication of the task ahead

Back