• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this OS (win2k pro) related?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustymaitland

hey everyone.... i posted this in abit motherboards but i was advised that it might render more of a response here due to it possibly being an OS issue (windows 2000 pro).

i have finally made the decision to move my nf7-s to my main rig with my xp 2000+. new cpu and new memory are on the way and a new vid card has been ordered. i am or will be stepping into the world of overclocking! (my first attempt). until all my parts arrive i just want to get the board up and running. not sure how many of you feel about scsi and the nf7-s board but i tried using an Atlas 10KII (u160) and a proper U160 card for my OS (win2k pro). as soon as the drive finished formatting i got some message stating that basically the os could not be loaded due to improper termination ray ray ray. i made sure the drive was terminated and all should have been golden. i thought for sure the drive was pooched until i took it out and replaced it a maxtor ata 133 converted to ata150 using an promise sata150 tx2 plus. i am now getting the same messages and i can't seem to load the os on to the drive at all. i also made sure that the onboard ata was turned off. is there a setting i am missing in the board setup somewhere?
again....any help would be cool and i am sorry for the long *** post.
thank you.

As soon as the drive finished formatting i got some message stating that basically the os could not be loaded due to improper termination ray ray ray
The only things I can think of offhand that would cause the "Improper Termination" error are defective storage controller hardware, defective disk cabling, or two devices attempting to use the same system resources. If you could write down the error message exactly as it appears, then post it in this thread...we may be able to offer a more definitive solution. :)

Back