• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan wiring?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You would need a tail end.Try sidewindercomputers.com
There is a link by my sig.Note that fan does not have a rpm wire,if
you were going to use it as a HSF.THE FANMAN:cool:link They have a tail at the lower right of the page,made for that fan. Panaflo rpm sensing wire.:D

Last edited:
I was planning to use these as case fans. Does this mean I wouldnt be able to adjust them with a sunbeam fan controller?

You dont need a rpm wire for the controller to control the fans.
It just regulates the voltage to the fans to regulate thier speed.
THE FANMAN:cool:

For the sunbeam, I want 3 pin tails right (looks that way in the pic). Newegg has a better deal than the link you posted here are the two tail options....3 or 4. And here is the fan controller.

i had the same problem. i also have a sunbeam and panaflow :D. all i did was take one of the connectors that came with my panaflow, cut off the end and then attached the wires from the panaflow to the end i cut off.... do you get what im saying? pretty much you can make your own tail.

Not sure about the connecters on the Sunbeam.Most have the three pin conn.You will probebly have to extend your wiring to your fans. Got a soldering gun??Your fans all have 3 pin conns too.You may need wiring to go between the two to make the wiring reach.Get the 3 pin tails .See what comes with your
Sunbeam Controller before you go to ordering a bunch of stuff
you might not need.:D THE FANMAN:cool:

No soldering gun....and I didnt think about reaching the controller either. Im glad I posted this. This is no good...what to do..what to do...Gonna have to think on this for a while.

These are tails that you can plug into your fans…Just disconnect at the fan and install these three pin connectors

http://2cooltek.safeshopper.com/58/46.htm?841

This is a way to get to 4pin molex connectors

http://www.pactech-inc.com/allhtmlpage/power_html/POWER CONNECTORS & TERMINALS.htm

You can buy these male holders and pins from pactech if you do not live in Cali…the male holders and pins are what I use to 7 volt fans…Or tail panflo’s with bare leads…Cheap professional way to tail fans…
:)

So to use the sunbeam and fans:

I solder extension wire from the bare wires that are exposed, then connect the extensions into a 3 pin connector

Thats correct.That way your wires will be long enough to put them out of the way.Clean wiring job.You should get a bunch of wiring needs with your controller. If you get the tails at newegg they go on the fans.The wires in the Pic disconnect from the fan. You push your new tail wire from newegg on.Then hook to wire Hookem showed you in the first link.:D THE FANMAN:cool:
A soldering gun or iron is a must to work on computers.
They are farly inexpensive too! Heat shrink tubbing is also a must.:)These are what you really need.:eek: wire link Use these to go from fans to controller.You can multilink
them to form a long wiring harness,since you dont have a solering gun.:D

Last edited:
Back