• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ti4200 converted into Quadro4 700 XGL 3DMARK2001 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dustybyrd

HUGE, weird INCREASE IN 3DMARK2001

10,400 to 11,300 !!

well, you not going to believe this but....

i converted my Asus Ti4200 V8420S 128mb 3.3ns RAM card into a Quadro4 700 XGL video card with all the trimmings!!

courtesy of cruc1fy, here are the instructions:
http://forum.oc-forums.com/vb/showthread.php?threadid=159603

a lot of the increase in the score was in the nature benchmark...went from 58fps to 78fps...

also the quadro4 card has way more settings and tweaking options...it's particularly good with 3d science/architecture software programs...

here is a good site that lists the options:

http://nvworld.ru/docs/sq4e.html

The Geforce --> Quadro hack has been around for quite a long while. It's well known that using the hack increases performance in apps like Pro/ENGINEER and AutoCAD but this 3DMark increase is interesting as well...

The Geforce --> Quadro hack has been around for quite a long while. It's well known that using the hack increases performance in apps like Pro/ENGINEER and AutoCAD but this 3DMark increase is interesting as well...

i'm thinking it might have something to do with the older 41.xx drivers being faster than the 45.23 drivers...or maybe not

Hey how about gaming performance? Can you test it for me? :)
Ye i'm thinking of doing this mod on mine but with the newest Detor . Not sure how it will work out.

MameXP,
Ps. oh i have Asus Ti V9280 btw

Last edited:
Hey how about gaming performance? Can you test it for me? :)
Ye i'm thinking of doing this mod on mine but with the newest Detor . Not sure how it will work out.

MameXP,
Ps. oh i have Asus Ti V9280 btw

i think you have to use the 41 series drivers in order for the mod to work...

also, as far as gaming, i only have quake iii and a few other ea sports games...and they all look good...but they are not hard games...

cruc1fy has told me that quake2 framerates go from ~70fps? to 2000fps :)

not that that is that noticeable ;)

Back