• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sony and NEC 17" LCD's with 16ms response times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hookem

Just wondering if anyone can tell me what display these two LCD’s use…The first one is the Sony SDM-HX73/B

http://www.displaysbysony.com/display/model.jsp?pModelId=602&pMenu=Specs

This is a NEC that also has 16ms response times,

http://www.necmitsubishi.com/products/home/nec_index.cfm

I like the digital and dual analog inputs on the Sony but read a review that was not to flattering…Really want to buy the best 17” LCD out there with 16ms response times…Have seen the Hitachi CML174, read about all the others, but cannot seem to find much information on these new offerings from Sony and NEC…

I have a LCD1712 from NEC, it has 16ms response time.

It's pretty good for most applications... but the contrast as with most LCD's aren't the best for movies/games unless you like to adjust it when you're doing those things.

Is there any ghosting or streaking while playing games??? And do you know who makes the display???

I've been looking at the ViewSonic VP171b It cost a bit more, but has lots of features I like: 16ms response time, display pivots, thin bezel, 1 DVI and 2 analog input connections, its black....
I haven't read any reviews on it, as I'm not quite ready to get an LCD, but I did read quite a bit of a 33 page thread about this monitor on [H] Forum. Quite a bit of info there from people who actually own and use them. If I were gonna get one right now, I'd spend the bit extra and get this one.

peace.
unloaded

um... LCD1712 from "NEC" I think I already mentioned the manufacturer

and no ghosting/streaking... just the whole contrast problem w/ all LCD's... but if you don't mind changing your settings to play games, u're fine

Interestingly I checked Viewsonic's website on the VG700, they now claim their reponse time is 16ms. I absolutely remember that the number was 35ms one month ago, upon checking older reviews, they all show it with a 35ms response time. Whats the deal? the vg700 have pretty good color, if it has a reponse time of 16ms, i am buying one.

The NEC link just took me to their homepage. Does the NEC you are looking at have DVI-D? If you are going to make the investment, in the long run I bet you will be happier with a Digital interface.

anyone know if the sony uses the AU optronics panel? If it does just choose based on price/brand/features.

Yeah that is what I really want to know is if they use the same AU Optronics panel...Leaning towards the Sony...Just driving me crazy trying to find some reviews of it and finding out if Sony or someone else makes the panel...:rolleyes:

Back