• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

will it fit? MCW5000-A and a peltier

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spiker

Registered
i was wondering if i would be able to put a peltier with this w/b
sidewindercomputers_1765_2825843.gif

the main problem is my board. it doesnt have any holes so i must use clamps.
i need to know from someone who has this block if i can put it with a peltier and add a cold plate to this setting without modding the clamp.
if not , is there enough room just for the peltier and if its really bad to put just the peltier without the cold plate?

You need a cold plate and insulation, the problem is that there isnt any room for insulating. That is why you cannot put a peltier under there.

Jon

so the meaning of this is that if i wont replace my board to a board with holes in it i cant put a swiftech block with a peltier?

and how could i mod the block so i could do it?

I would purchase a new mobo that has mounting holes.
your board is hell bad, get a 8rda+. :p

anyway, take the 5002 over the 5000, the price is 1$ higher and it's worth it.

Suma.

The WB w/ peltier that Swifty makes is only for Intels not AMDs.. Its unfortunate but looking at the AMD blocks, and how it mounds I think it would be very difficult to fit peltier/clod block on there...

still even then, something will get in the way of the screws, This time its the metal. It Just doesnt fit. I am having a hard time with mine just like that too.

Jon

Back