• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This BH-5 Is CRAP!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Suma

Today I got a loned 256 BH-5 Stick, probably Generic Winbond, says only: " 6-Layer 7M8RE-SA "

anyway I tried it @ 210 2-2-2-5 no good went to 2.5 3 3 7 (2.9v) still no good, switched a mobo to my old 8rda+ (1.1) which is moded to give 3.2v and again 210 isn't surviving Memtest86.

I'm going to give it back tommorow! this stick it TERRIBLE! :mad:

Suma.

i had a bad experience w/ some 2x512 buffalo PC3700 as well....would only do around 333 stable :(....I RMA'd it back to Newegg and they gave me my money back....now im going to use that to try some Kingston HyperX PC3000 BH-5....I really hope I dont have any probs w/ it.

try burning it in some, either the motherboard or the ram

my new mobo wouldn't let me run the ram in my sig at 133 2-2-2-6 @ 2.9v without memtest errors, after a few days of 24/7 prime95 it let me run 133 2-2-2-6 @ 2.5v with no memtest errors

Maybe its the PCB that is crap, a stick with good chips doent mean that is gonna be a good o/c , the PCB is an important peace too ;)

R4z0r4mu5 Pr|m3 said:
try burning it in some, either the motherboard or the ram

my new mobo wouldn't let me run the ram in my sig at 133 2-2-2-6 @ 2.9v without memtest errors, after a few days of 24/7 prime95 it let me run 133 2-2-2-6 @ 2.5v with no memtest errors

Hmm I'll try that.
I trust the mobo, does 220 2-2-2-5 w/ my Corsair PC3200.
and what do you consider burning in?

I got one mobo soldered, vdimm set to 3.2v this stick can't do 210 cas2, it's horrible!
:mad:

How high can [for example] mushkin pc3500 level II ram do[volts]? Can it just go as much as the bios will go? Isn't it kind of dangerous to run your ram at 3.2v[scorpius]? unless im too much of an amateur at this thing. How high has anyone gotten the mushkin ram to?

a12bc3

run stress tests all at the same time, prime95, folding continuously and using loops of 10 or more 3dmarks01 and 03 when you're not using the comp, do this for a week or two, maybe do some memtest86

Hmm all of these together? Ouch.
how about Prime95 & 3dmark2001se together? will it be enough?

Suma.

depends on what you're testing, i don't think any of these are sufficient to burn ram in by themselves

with my cpu, i get no errors running prime95 for well over 24hrs at high clocks with many things running at the same time, but when i put folding on at the same time it gives me illegal sumout errors within 10 hours, i say the more system stressing proggies running the better to really put load on all components

Suma said:
My TwinMOS ran almost 2 weeks on memtest @ 3.2v still alive :p

hmm very cool what kidn of twinmos did you ahve as im looking at geting aomse bh-5 twinmos for a athalon sys soon

Back