• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Removing P4 heatsink..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well if you used the stock rubber pad, turn on the pc. let the cpu warm up then pull it off and shut off the computer after you pull it off. that should make the release easy but remember to shut off the computer or your cpu might cook itself.

Here's a screenshot of the instructions from Intel itself:

HSF.gif

OMG, I can't nelieve someone actually said to remove the heatsink with the computer still running. Please, nobody ever do that unless you want to ruin stuff.

batboy said:
OMG, I can't nelieve someone actually said to remove the heatsink with the computer still running. Please, nobody ever do that unless you want to ruin stuff.

my exact thoughts....

be careful not to let the screwdriver slip and hit the mobo.

I thought P4 turns off when it gets to hot? Or wait is that the mobo doing it instead? Still i wouldent take it off while its running. Its abit crazy if you ask me, run it for a while, turn it off then take it off.

ummm i think the mobo shuts down, but thast only some... p4s only do thermal throttling (sp?)

Back