• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mirroring

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Remove

I just bouaght a WD 120 gig hdd and wish to copy everything from my existing hdd to it so that I will not have to reinstall XP pro, drivers, games, etc.

How do I go about making an EXACT copy to the new drive other than just dragging and dropping to the new hdd in explorer or will that work? If it will not, what software (freeware hopefully) will accomplish this for me?

I don't know if there is any freeware that will do this or not. You can try the utility on the disk that comes with the WD drive, I believe there is a drive clone utility on that. If you didn't get a disk with your drive download it from WD.

Norton Ghost is the common way to accomplish this. V7.51 and newer work with XP.

Thanks!

I just downloaded the program from the WD site and will try it in the morning. I will post the results.

Back