• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CIP Frequency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

CIA Frequency

Okay i have a gigabit mobo and i use ctrl + F1 to get more options now i see C.I.A Frequency at +3% what is this?

Last edited:
sweet my mobo is an I875P according to bios but box reads P4 Titan Series 875P. I just turned it to 7% it didnt do crap still running 2.4ghz

no no, that 2 2 5 2 are just RAM timings. The 5:4 setting is somewhere else... lemme find it for you...

you're welcome for the linky. :)

found it.

the 5:4 setting would be on this page in your bios: http://www.pcstats.com/articleimages/200309/8KNXP_Bios2.jpg

see how it says "Memory Frequency For"? That's it. notice how it also shows the memory frequency underneath it.

1:1 is 2.00, not sure what 5:4 and 3:2 are, probably something like 1.66 and 1.33 I suspect.

Okay so 1.66 is 5:4 and 1.33 is 3:2. Here is my problem if i run 1.33 i can go 260 cpu frequency and 346 memory frequency and that is 3.12ghz anything over that seems to be unstable. Now if i go 1.66 my settings are 247 cpu frequency and 410 memory frequency and its 2.96ghz. Seemed to be stable but i dont have a good stress tester except 3dmark03 freebie addition.I dont mess with voltage because it scares me bios tells me its at 1.525 but that stupid easy tune 4 says its at 1.610. I messed with voltage yesterday but had issues with computer going weird. Any suggestions? Oh what is this 247X12 thing that pops up when my computer boots up?

247x12: FSB of 274, multiplier of 12x, giving you 2964Mhz or 2.964Ghz.

Voltage at 1.61v?: try checking it in the bios or another program like MBM5, or the monitoring program that came with your motherboard - not sure which one, maybe Winbond Hardware Doctor.

With the 1.33 setting, it will probably be your CPU limiting your overclock, as you say you were already running at 3.12Ghz, with no adjustments of the CPU voltage.

With the 1.66 setting it was probably your RAM limiting your overclock, as your CPU could go higher than 2.96Ghz.

If not that, then it was your power supply.

Would you mind listing what exactly is in your system? Except for your 2.4C, Gigabyte 875 motherboard, what type of DDR do you have, power supply, cooling etc etc...

also, get a program like Prime 95 to stress test.

Okay you have mobo and processor.

Advant PC3500 ram 2x512mb dual channeled
GF 4 Ti4600
AGI 400w PS
P4 2.4c
Jet 4 Heatsink temps range from 31c (no load) to 43c (full load overclocked to 2.96)

Where do i get Prime 95 did a search and couldnt find anything of relivence?

sorry about that... I should have linked to it in my previous post. my bad.

here's the official website: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

everything looks fine, although I am not familiar with the brand AGI, if your various voltage lines look fine there probably shouldn't be a problem.

I do recommend getting a different program for monitoring your voltages though, just to know for sure what your various voltages are sitting at.

okay, it's probably safe to increase your voltage another 0.05v, to stay under 1.65v. If you need to.

for memory, stay at or lower than 2.7v and you should be alright.

Damn Prime 95 tags my system my degree's is up to 51c now however its gotta be my memory it wont pass test oc'd high with 1.66/5:4 but will at 1.33 3:2 at 333mhz memory frequency

3.22 5.12 11.90 mind you this test is on 1.33 frequency. I am heading to bed now will check tomorrow morning and get back with you on it.

Last edited:
Back