• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Broadband Modem CD ROM software wont install?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OC Detective

OK at the weekend my broadband modem was hit by lightning so I had to purchase another. The model I got was slightly different from the original so I needed to install the software that came with it in order to allow connection. When I put in the relevant cd rom the program did not fully install (probably because my system is overclocked - doh!). Anyway when I tried to install again it came up with a message asking whether I wanted to remove all components etc (i.e uninstall). As it didnt install properly the first time I thought I should remove it to do a fresh install - however once again the process didnt complete properly.
Now when I try to run the setup file from the cd rom I get the initial "do I want to remove the program" etc message and when I click on OK i get a further message saying setup directory not found with a "red x" and "severe" highlighting this message. I have looked in the remove programs part of my windows 2000 and the program doesnt exist there. Anyone have any ideas how I can get the computer to actually install the software?

Back