• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Two processes and AMD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Eroc

The other day I accidentally set my processes to two on my AMD rig in my sig. (I was trying to set my cache...oops) But I noticed that performance on the units were almost up to par as one unit by itself.

The seti spy, which shows one of the processes, was still showing about 5 cpf with another process going! After it transmitted the next unit was about 43% done.

So I started a new seti folder and transferred some of my cached units into it just to see what would happen. I am running two sets of spy-driver combo (not too efficient I know) and they are still pulling 400+ MFLOPS/sec at around 5.5 cpf.

I am going to run it for a day or two and see output for it.

Does anyone have any experience doing this? Any feedback would be cool :cool:

Tried that a long time ago. It starts out looking like it might work well, but in the end the completion time for each unit doubles.

That is kind of what I am figuring out. I knew it surely was NOT a new idea. I guess I am just a little slow :D

Back