• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Performance Difference between a D-tek Pro-Core and BIX?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

computerpro3

Hi,
I was just wondering, what is the performance difference between a D-tek Pro Core and a BIX? Only reason I ask this is because I am thinking of mounting the rad at the top of my case, and the pro-core is like 1in too big. The shroud/fan setup on whatever one I get would be push/pull 2 shrouds, 2 120mm 80cfm fans. Thanks!

me again..... to be honest with you, when I went from a BIX to a ProCore with the same pump and block, I didn't notice a difference in performance, but I'm sure most would argue that a ProCore would definately outperform a BIX. Just some of my personal experience.

im pretty sure the procore is a little bit bigger,

anad larger surface area = better cooling performance

correct me if im wrong

plus the price is also comparable :O

Another issue is that the BIX restricts flow more than a heatercore. A good radiator comparison can be found here , even though its a bit dated and only the original BI is included.

Back