• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA? What the heck?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

goblynn93

I am not that new to the PC building world but I'm just getting into the possibility of ocing my Athlon chip... from what I've read the "AXIA" chips succeed with higher scores than ?non-AXIA?

What the heck is an AXIA? What is the difference between these and other chips? How do I tell what I have? How many types are there?

AXIA is a stepping code on the core itself. AXIA's and AVIA's with a Y on the next line have been some of the best for overclocking. Frank posted a pic that shows you the stepping here

How do you tell the chips apart? I've read of people tearing through boxes of processors to examin them... what are they looking for?

That's exactly what I was looking for... I had seen that pic somewhere before and couldn't remember where I saw it. Since that time I've learned a lot more about what it all means and I thank you for finding it for me!

Back