• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Latest KT7 Bios (A must download for Abit KT owners!) READ!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

This is the version of 3R which has finally gone official with Abit, meaning no more beta, "final version" I guess. Anyway, after doing lots of testing, I found this bios to be noticibly more stable than the older version of the bios. Before with one of my 1Ghz chips, the chip wouldnt boot at 10.5x133. After the bios update, it can now boot at 10.5x133. Hmm, seems alot more stable to me.

This is a must get for all Abit KT7/R/KT7A/R/KT7E owners out there, PLEASE download it, you wont regret wasting your time. Also in this bios is even more features than Abit includes. Theses are moded from Binary's BIOS mods website, They are the following.

[ACPI] = "ACPI function" modded to visible, turn on/off ACPI
[EPA Show] = "Small Logo(EPA) Show" modded to visible, show/hide epa-logo during startup
[Gate A20] = "Gate A20 Option" modded to visible, fast/normal
[HPT370] = Original HPT370 BIOS has been replaced with another version
[Message] = "BIOS Message" set to 'GREEN AGP/PCI/ISA SYSTEM' instead of beta warning

To sum up this stupid article, THIS IS THE BEST DARN BIOS EVER FOR KT7. Enjoy :)

p.s I have three friends with a KT7A-R and all of them just uploaded the new bios and it works sweet!

For you enjoyment, I included the awdflash utility in the zip, grab it, its located at the bottom of this message box.

I tried it last night. My temps went up and not just the socket thermistor temps, my cold plate temps too. I went back to WW again, sigh...........

is your heat temp so bad that you had to sacrifice the stability? ouch. Man, best you do what your gut tells ya thou. good one. Did you try the modded version? You get the pretty Athlon symbol if you did

I have always had the best stability with WW.

As far as BIOS versions and temps go, as the average CPU speed increases, manufacturer's will alter the temperature compensation in the new BIOS versions. A person with say a 1 gig Bird may notice an increase in temps with a newer BIOS optimised for a hotter running 1333 Bird. This was not the case with what I observed as the socket thermistor was not the only measurement. My cold plate temps went up too, indicating the CPU is working harder.

I just tried this bios last night (flashed from ZT). Unfortunately, I could NOT get my computer stable after flashing the bios. Previously, my 1.33 was running fine at 1.4 (140 x 10, 1.7v). After the flash, I would get lockups after a few minutes.

I tried upping the voltage, changing BIOS settings, but to no avail. :( Perhaps the memory settings or other settings within the bios are too aggressive for my system. I ended up having to flash the 3C bios and everything works as solidly as it did with the ZT bios.

I'll admit, the Athlon symbol at bootup looks much cooler than the crappy Energy Star symbol... too bad I couldn't get it stable :(

Me and AMDGuy went through the beta bios in detail in another thread and you can drop your idle temps by using a bios mod. I am currently using 3Rbo3 and its totally stable and the temps going up are noted in some detail with the read me in the beta bios The mod did not work for him (correct me if I am wrong AMDGuy) in dealing with the beta bios and went back to the "WW" bios I stuck with the 3Rb03 and the bios mod to drop the temperature at idle worked for me . The stability for me is there in the 3R bios and I have stuck with it.

Maestro

This should really be in the mobo section but in a way im glad it isnt. I dont normally check that section.

I've just downloaded the new bios and was quite impressed. Usual installation, usual boot. Different settings in bios. Got a bit more memory & cpu performance in sisoft from this bios. I didnt notice the increase in temps on my rig. It is at most 0.5ºC from the looks of it. I did get something else though. The ability to boot at a higher fsb stable. I can now get into windows stable at 1210Mhz. I couldnt even post at that speed before so im really happy.

I hope the abit fixes more bugs and releases another bios with all the other options that the betas had (I never used the betas but I've heard their functions).

Yeah!!!!

I just found another advantage to add to this list about this bios!

I run Seti@Home everynight and when I return to it in the morning the WU is done but I have to restart because after about 2-3 minutes theres memory corruption. This BIOS fixes this somehow!

Woohoo!

Actually i've just seen the bad side to it, full load temps :(

Unfortunately this BIOS seems to increase temps at full load on my rig by 2-3ºC. Thats not a problem really considering my load temps before were max 39ºC! ATM highest i've seen it go is 43ºC after hours of Tribes2 :)

BTW how do I mod the bios with the 1 bit thingy? And is it safe? (Thats the most important one. I dont want my mobo to be binned)

Back