• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

annodized paint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pyros

Im in the middle of a pretty big mod and Im ready to paint the inside of the case. I found some annodized paint at the auto parts store that claims to give a annodize 'look'. Has anyone used this, and if so what kind of finish does it really give? Judging from the cap on the can it looks more like a colored chrome paint. I had already decided on using Testors model spray paint because of the great results Ive had with it in the past, but after finding this Im kinda curious about it.

Is what you're talking about called metalcast? If so I've used it quite alot and have gotten great resukts with it. I think it looks best on either a mirrored finish like a polished steel/aluminum panel or on brushed panels. I would say it's more of a "spray on" metal dye. It will be very close to the color on the cap but will take on whatever texture you spray it on. Only use the primer for it if you don't like the texture of what you'll be applying it to. The primer makes it a completely even "raw" look. If it's not metalcast though I have no idea :D

I dont think thats the stuff cause this doesnt come with any primer. Sounds more like a cheap version of metalcast. ;)

actually I went back and checked and it was metalcast. The last time I was there they were out of the primer for it and didnt know they made a primer just for it. Anyhow, I decide on the Testors emerald green metal flake paint. Turned out pretty good. I have also built a custom waterblock and updated all my other WC equipment. Hope to post pics soon.

Back