• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD multiplier.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quasor

I am trying to overclock my AMD thunderbird 900 CPU, but when i raise the multiplier in the BIOS, and then save and restart, then my motherboard (MSI K7T Pro2) changes the multiplier back to default (9x).

Does anyone know what to do, or what i am doing wrong. It's not that i am clocking to high, because the CPU can handle more.

(I have read something about doing something with some bridge, but i really don't understand what to do.)

yeah, your cpu is locked, to unlock, cover the L1 bridges on the wafer and wammo, you have the higher multiplier.

Good Luck Bro!

Use a Venus HB pencil to connect the bridges. It's sure to work with Venus pencils. Just make sure you dont link any of the other bridges together by mistake.

Connect the L1 bridges as the picture shows. (this is a factory job so don't expect yours to look anyway near as neat). Do not cross-connect bridges.

I don't understand what i should connect exactly??

And when i am using a HB pencil is this going to stay on forever? And are there any others ways of connecting this?

see the L1 bridges with the 4 lines there, you just trace over the dots for each line till you get a nice think pencil line while not trying to touch the other three lines. Do this for each of the 4 lines.

Now, if you put enough graphite on there, the graphite shouldnt come off ever. Then again, you prob wont take the cpu out a million times anyway so there arnt any problems to worry about.

I used a .5 mechanical pencil to bridge the L1's make sure you dont connect them side ways though. It does work and its very simple. Have fun and my 900 is just multiplied. 100x11! GO TO TOWN!

Back