• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when will they have a higher Tbird speed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Torter

Registered
i recently crushed the core on my 1.2 Ghz AXIAR Tbird and need a new processor. i'd like to get a 1.4 or 1.33 with the AYHJA stepping. i've read that the AYHJA stepping has much lower temps than the same system using an AXIA core at the exact same frequency settings. so.... some people are thinking that the AYHJA processors are possibly the next step up in AMD processors. ...... here are links to a couple of the articles read......

TB Steppings are an indication of an improvement to the chip. Its very rarely an indication of an increase in speed, rather of power consumption, heat production or life span etc etc.

The new stepping is better than the AXIA obviously, but at a cost.

Oh yeah, an answer to your question. I've read that Intel are releasing their 2Ghz chip sometime in late August. AMD are supposed to follow their rival with a better chip. This could be a TB 1.5Ghz or an introduction of the new Palmino chips :)

I don't think Palomino will be out until September. They must have it out in the month of Sep., however, if they want to ride the XP wave.

AMD will NOT release a higher clock speed upon the current T-Bird line of processors, as temps on a test 1.5ghz chip were too high to consider with feasable cooling. This is information I recieved at the computer store I work (from an AMD representative).

Back