• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4ee?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stan03

Anyone have a P4EE yet? i noticed alienware is already selling thier pcs with them, except you have to add 700 dollars:p

well

my friend works at alienware ....i begged him an begged him for a 3.2 ee i got it ...for 850 dollars an i oced to ..........3.45 ...they dont oc for ****!!!! theyt are based on xeon 533 cores so theres almost no oc to em ....i sold it an im sitting at 3.9 for becnhing an 3.82 for everyday use on my oem 3.2 ...an my [email protected] or 3.8 for that matter smizokes the ee at 3.45 ....in general id say stay away

thats odd.... there was another thread about getting someone getting it up to 4.4 ghz....

I would expect lower overclockability on an EE compared to it's 3.2 "vanilla" sibling- simply because the EE has much more cache that also has to run at higher speeds when OCing. That's always been a problem with cache-heavy designs.

Well in most gameing pc mag's I saw a Sonic Boom brand computer was selling the 3.2EE it said 800fsb and 2mb cache.

I thought the lower multi's were unlocked? Or is this the test sample one?:mad:

I think he might be thinking of Fugger's 3.2EE... He was using an engineering sample with unlocked multipliers.

unfortunately "regular" 3.2EE chips are multiplier locked.

Are you sure regular p4ee's are locked?

I heard intel was going to do something unique, and make them unlocked...

Further can anyone tell me where to get one I cannot get one from Newegg.com That is so far. I might grab one to play with for a bit. thanks

The 3.2 xeons are unlocked, but not the regular P4 or EE. There's talk of them possibly offering some unlocked versions in the future.

Yea they said the lower multi's were unlocked I don't know if this is still true though. You still can get a damn great Memory Oc out of it.

Zuzzz said:
Further can anyone tell me where to get one I cannot get one from Newegg.com That is so far. I might grab one to play with for a bit. thanks

hmmm i can't seem to find one in stock either.... maybe ask alienware?

ps24eva said:

did you get an es, or was this from a regular shop?

he said he got it from a friend at alienware.

id like to buy a ee just to play with if anyone does know of a site that has them for sale please post the info here as id like to get one to try and blow up asap

even if they didnt oc as well as regular p4 id still like to get one to see what the extra cache does for gaming apps

Back