• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

bought a 2.4C from newegg recently?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

batboy

Senior Moment
Anyone that has bought a 2.4C from newegg.com recently, please look on the retail box and post your S-spec, please.

The S-spec is the last five digits of the production code.

I'm especially interested if you have received a SL6Z3 in the last couple of weeks, but I want to know if people are getting other S-specs too.

Thanks!

Just got the tracking number from FedX. I should have it Monday. I will let you know.

I've read in other threads about two people getting the SL6Z3 S-spec from newegg recently. Has anyone gotten something else recently? Help an O/C bro out here, thanks!

batboy said:
I've read in other threads about two people getting the SL6Z3 S-spec from newegg recently. Has anyone gotten something else recently? Help an O/C bro out here, thanks!

Just ordered one from Dangeo.com (canadian site) .. they had the last 2.4 and it was SL6Z3, they'll bring more for sure sometimes this week, you just have to check with them thru emails or something bro :) ..Good luck!

I ordered my 2.4c about one month ago. I recieved a SL6WF.

I am running HyperX3200 (ch-5) and I cant post over 250fsb (at 5:4 or 3:2). I'm positive its my memory going berzerk. I KNOW this chip can do better. I need someone willing to trade me. Had a thread in the Wanted section forever - with no bits.

I just received my 2.4c SL6WF last night. Collimater, I would be curious to know the specifics of your memory (PC3500?) and what timings and ratios you are using.

Well... looks like I found out what I wanted to know. Ordering from newegg.com will not guarantee you to get the s-spec you want.

newegg was out of stock for a couple of days and they just got a new batch in, maybe they'll have it now :rolleyes: or maybe it's just wishfull thinking. either way I need to get a cpu very soon.

Generally speaking, I've seen newegg give out rather good CPU's. The 2.4c I got from them is doing 3.4ghz on stock voltages right now. Need to get a P4C800 since my P4P800 seems to be a bad one and corrupts its own BIOS above 290FSB.

The 2.4 c I bought 2 weeks ago was a SL6WF I believe, I have since sent that chip back. It overclocked very nicely too, had it going at 3.2 with default voltage ;).

i just got a SL6WF from newegg last thursday still no luck for me getting mo stepping damnit maybe ill have to break down and start calling places like a crazed addict

either that or find more friends who would want a 2.4c lol

Calling around can be interesting. I remember one time I called Atacom to see if they had a particular stepping. I got a foreign person (surprise surprise) and her reply was something like "We no step on cpu - they all in box new not a stepped on sir."

TC said:
Calling around can be interesting. I remember one time I called Atacom to see if they had a particular stepping. I got a foreign person (surprise surprise) and her reply was something like "We no step on cpu - they all in box new not a stepped on sir."
LOL...I got about the same responce calling Asus one time for RMA.

TC said:

ROFL

TC said:

lol that honestly just made my day

Back