• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ABIT NF7-s Quick Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rxtrom

My board is currently at 219FSB w/2600+ vcore=highest bios setting
I am getting a TBRED B 1700 The HOT stepping hoping to push it to limits on a water cooled system :D
I have read about the L12 mod and was wondering when i put the 1700 in this board is my board going to be unstable at 219FSB unless i do this mod?
Also is it fairly simple to do, (L12 mod) i\
Keep in mind I live in a college dorm tools are limited especially a good soldering iron.
Any advice is much appreciated! THANK YOU

the 1700 should do fine at around 220fsb, i had no problems with mine till i was trying to go above 220. At which point i did a vcc mod for higher voltage to the northbridge, and then the L12 mod. I'm currently at 233fsb. The L12 is an easy mod. You only need to connect one bridge on top of the chip, or it can be done by using a small wire inserted into two holes in the socket to jump the pins.

J.

will conductive ink work instead of the wire, i am afraid of bending pins by sticking anything else in socket holes

the L12 mod is easy using the wire into the socket. A pair of tweezers and some thin wire from an old audio cable or wire from a stripped rom cable and your good to go. Easy to reverse back also.

hardest part is putting it into the right hole, 3 down and 3 over

The mod's easy. Even I volt modded my 2000+ on my old POS biostar mobo. That's saying something. Don't worry about bending the pins. As long as you use super fine wire, you wouldn't notice a difference when installing the CPU. If the CPU doesn't want to drop right in the socket, something's wrong.

Back