• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HAC-V81 Pot problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NiteSmoker17

ok ive had a HAC-V81 for about 8 monthes now and the only problem is my fan goes from 3k rpm to 5k with only half a turn on the pot.....i cant find enough info on what pot it is to get a replacement. Anybody out there have any info on what i need to get at raido shack to replace it with??

Is this what you are using at the current time?LINK :D
Do you not want another controller like that one?
THE FANMAN:cool:
PS: See bottom of second page.:)

yes archilochus that is what im running. What i want to do is replace the pot with a new one to get better use of the pot range. i dont see the point of having a pot that i only use 1/2 of it.

the point schismspeak is that by the time i hit 1/2 on the pot it is at full blast.

im not looking to change the min-max speeds im just looking to get one that works on the ful range and use of the pot

i did look on the pot and happen to find that it says 10kb on it......can i use this bit of info to goto RS and get a replacement?

Back