• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

vcore voltage HELP PLEASE!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
5.75 VOLTS !!! :eek: :eek: Are you trying to fry eggs on that CPU? :D ;) I assume you mean 1.575 volts and 1.661 volts.

I don't have that mobo, so I'm not sure how much it normally overvolts/undervolts. Have you tried using MBM5 to verify your CPU voltage? It is certainly possible that your mobo overvolts by that amount. If it is really overvolting, then you simply need to keep that in mind when setting your CPU voltage. I would not go any higher than you already are (1.661 volts).

Ah yea thats horrible readings. Since P4's run at 1.525-1.575 volts stock those readings are what off for some reason.

And trust me here if thats your V-Core voltage on the cpu if it was actual you wouldn't own a CPU anymore, heck probley wouldn't boot at that voltage with the amount of currect going through the board.

Johnflyons, is the 1.61 volts shown on the Asus probe your idle voltage or load voltage? Does your CPU voltage vary a lot from idle to load? Generally swing much?

If your CPU voltage is fairly stable at 1.61 volts (not swinging and not varying much from idle to load), then it shouldn't be a problem. However, if your CPU voltage is swinging or varying a lot from idle to load, then you have a problem. It might be that your power supply is overloaded.

Back