• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ok now i'm confused.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

emericanchaos

i'm trying to compile a something and after ./configure i get errors saying i don't have libgalde2 and/or libgnomeui. if i do whereis it won't find either. if i open Kpackage it says both are installed.

what gives?

checking for libglade-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0... Package libglade-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `libglade-2.0.pc'
to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'libglade-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (libglade-2.0 libgnomeui-2.0) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

how do i point pkg-config to libglade2?

I don't think you need to edit the config, I think you just need to get those two packages installed...one of em looks like a library for uninstalling stuff in Gnome, and the other one not sure.

Well, after researching, the Gnome one is the core libraries....

What Linux are you using? Or you can just pick the one off of this website http://at.rpmfind.net/opsys/linux/RPM/libgnomeui.so.32.html and then cd to the dir it is in, then type *i think* rpm -Uvh packagename.rpm

Couldn't find the other package..sorry..isn't there a way to get apt working on RedHat (I assume thats what your using..)..I'm pretty sure you can get emerge working..god I love those two..

Fold and Frag on
Brian

close, running suse. i according to Kpackage both libs are already installed.

i have no apt. Kpackage has some sort of apt function but it's never done anything for me.

apparently no emerge either. i'm in as root so i shouldn't have any issues.

Make sure you have the development versions of those libraries. Runtime files only won't cut it if you're compiling from source. Look on your Suse CDs.

emericanchaos said:
close, running suse. i according to Kpackage both libs are already installed.

i have no apt. Kpackage has some sort of apt function but it's never done anything for me.

apparently no emerge either. i'm in as root so i shouldn't have any issues.

Unseenmenace had posted this in one of my threads. It is about apt-get for SuSe. It may help in your quest. I have not tried it yet.

http://linux01.gwdg.de/apt4rpm/

Back