• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Programs with different temp readings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Prok

I'm running on a p 2.6c with an MSI neo2, Corsair XMS PC3200. I'm using a Thermaltake Volcano 7 for cpu fan.
I downloaded Motherboard Monitor 5 (MBM 5) to use for mobo monitoring.
Upon initial load my bios gives a cpu temp reading around 27 degrees (C) - it has always been around this temp. When I load Aida32 a few minutes later it also gives me about the same temp. When I load MBM 5 it says my temp doubles! Not only that, after loading MBM 5, Aida32 gives temp readings equal to MBM 5. Anyone have any experience with this?
The only reason I'm a little concerned is that I recently pushed the cpu voltage up higher than normal and I am now testing it... (it's currently running everything at stock).
Thanks.

well the temprature in the BIOS is never all that accurate..especially with an OEM sensor...this sounds to me like a possible software glitch though.....cause the BIOS is not THAT off. ...the temps should be at least close to each other...not double

Does MBM 5 have your mobo in thier list of mobos?I installed
MBM 5 on my rig .My mobo was not in the list and it gave me wacky readings so I uninstalled it.I have a remote temp probe on the side of the CPU to monitor my temps.:D I dont trust the software programs, like sandra or MBM 5.You may wont to get a physical temp probe, instead of a virtual one.Just my nickles worth.
THE FANMAN:cool:

Last edited:
I selected a different mobo revision (in MBM 5) than I should have. I now have the right one (or so I think) selected and am getting similar readings from various programs including MBM 5.
I still wonder why it changed all the readings on other programs, but thanks everyone!

at the MBM5 site it tells of shared memory.

Quote"MBM uses shared memory to communicate between it's components. This has the nice benefit that other program can also communicate with MBM, read it's readings and even push values into MBM"

maybe that has something to do with the temps migrating to MBM5 said??

just a thought

Digital thermometer sucks too - you can't place the probe well. The only readings worth anything are on-die sensor readings.

You should not use MBM and other temp monitoring programs at the same time - they can interfer with eachother and cause problems. Asus Probe and MBM is one example of a known incompatibility.

Bios readings will be MUCH LOWER than readings from a program in windows. The load on the CPU within windows is much greater than that in the BIOS.

Back