• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec PSU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kenweil

How good are these antec psu's for ocing. I am looking at a true430 for 70 dollars.

2.4c @3.15ghz
2x512mb pc 3500 advant
gigabyte ga-8ik1100 mobo
coolmaster jet 4 (heatsink)
MSI Ti4600 apg 4x

Could it be my psu that is causing me not to oc higher than 3.15ghz? My memory is stable up to 3.28 but cant pass Prime 95 but only at 3.15. My chip stepping is d1 not m0

What's your psu now? Power supplies can definitely affect stability and how far you can oc. However, it's still luck of the draw. Your chip might be at it's limit already.

I have a 430 TruePower and love it. Quiet, powerful, easy to install. But set your expectations first. What do you do if you can't get a higher oc with the psu? Return it? I would suggest that if you upgrade your psu, don't EXPECT to oc higher. Other things will benefit from the psu upgrade. Otherwise, save the $70 for now and maybe get another chip or some other goodies for your rig.

I've had two Antec True Power PS and I love them too, I'm sold on Antec on my current 550 watt unit, best PS I've ever had.

I will try it out one of these days but right now i have figured out money is tight. I was to the point of spending 250 dollars on case and new psu but i decided not to since i need to buy my wife a IMAC for college. So right now gonna wait and live with my oc of 3.19ghz but i am gonna buy me some goodies like artic silver 5. Thanks for the advice and all the advice on ocing. I am still a newbie but i am learning and OMG it is the funnest **** i have done in a long arse time.

Back