• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MODMAn

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

biyonic

Registered
Update on my mods -

My case is a charcoal "colorcase" with a sculpted front. I had a small LED circuit of a triad of 3 red LED's that would do a chase pattern. I installed this into the front top part of my case - just below the black Happ arcade button I have as my power button. The LEDs chase when the PC is accessing the hard drive. It is soooooooooo cool. Under this little ledge on the front of the case I installed the token blue LED to shine down on the front of the case. It is pretty weak though. I painted the ledge white to add a nice contrast to the front of the case. There are some air holes in the front that make a pattern. I drilled them out to be larger. Then added two panels of blue electrolumenscent light behind those for some added glow.

Still with me? Now for the side window - I started to CAD a cool scary skull pattern, then switched to a Hulk face and lastly decided to instead use Blade Runner font and write BIONIC 2000 on the top and "Monster Inside" on the bottom. The side of the case will be laser cut on our laser table at work. I did some test runs and it looks tight. Lastly, I had this little black pharoh/skull head that my kids excavated from some wacky candy ball. I cut it in half and drilled and mounted 2 small red LEDs in the eyes. I will cut a small round window in the case to show off the "monster inside" complete with scary blicking red eyes. I know I'm a geek but I love this stuff. I hope to get some photos up soon!

Back