• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Antec SLK3700AMB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mattman

:-/
I just got my new case from Newegg ($67 shipped) this week and I like the features and build quality of this case. However, I did notice that despite some of the online reviews of this case (they rave about the paint job), my case had significant orange-peel on the case sides. I hate to be too picky (I do quality inspection at a manafacturing/assembly plant) and I probably won't waste the money to ship it back for RMA, but has anyone else had similar issues with this case?

PS- I'm not ragging on Newegg; I love the place and this is the first "not great" experience I've had with them.

No orange peel here - my case arrived with a perfect finish.

Well I dont know how pickie you are, but orange peel on my case would send it back in a heartbeat...When I buy something new I expect it to be perfect...No dents, dings, scratches...Nothing...:p

It's up to you. Personally I'd send it back. But then again, I dremelled 2 holes in my 3700. Scuffed up the sides, but looking at the build quality, this case is perfect for painting. So, if you're not sold on the bronze, keep it, sand it, paint it :)

Unless you have an excessive amount then its normal. The outside of the 3700AMB cases have a texture to them. While they do reflect from a nice paint job the texture is still there.

Thanks for the advice. I was planning on painting it in the future, just not right away. Guess I need to decide how soon I want to paint it, and if I'm willing to tolerate it as-is until then.

Who says you can't find nice people on line?! :)

Back