• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Please Help P4P800 Delux and Ram Problem?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Davidoff

Hi guys

Please help

Intel 3.0C Ghz,
2 sticks of Kingston Hyper X 512M each PC 3200
or 2 Sticks of Kingston Valueram 512M each PC3200.
Antec true power 380W,
120G Seagate SATA,
GF4 Ti4600.
Lite-On Cd writer.

First, I used a pair of Hyper X, fresh installion of XP Pro. It installs, however half way of the installation it just pop up with blue screen with memory dump, and all sort of different error msg (with the second and third attempt). Then I return the Hyper X and replace them with the valueram, same thing happens. I also try single modules as well, however again with no luck.

The strange thing is when I use 512M PC2700 ram it works prefectly (single module).

I just want to get the correct ram to run the box stable. no overclocking or playing around with the latencies on the ram, however I would prefer PC3200 2 x 512 sticks. Any Brand?

Addition info - I have updated to the lastest bios, which is P4p1010. I can't return the board coz I have used it for 6 months with my old 2.4B. Now upgrading my ram to PC3200 and CPU.

Any suggestions? Please reply asap. Many Thanks in advance.

So you have(or not)managed to install xp? all bios settings to default? I've been using 2x512 Hyper-x pc 3500 with no real probs for some time now. Can you get xp installed w/ the single stick and then replace w/ 2 sticks of ?

Make the following changes in the BIOS:

First, set your memory timings manually. For the KVR, I believe they're 3-3-3-7.

Advanced -> JumperFree Configuration
Set Performance Mode to Standard. Do not leave this setting on auto, since it will always play with your memory timings, whether your RAM can handle it or not.

Advanced -> Chipset Settings
Set Performance Acceleration Mode to Auto. Do not leave this setting at 'Enabled'.

This board will always try to force performance mode if you use a 1:1 memory ratio at stock speed.

Therefore, simply set your FSB to 201 instead of 200 to avoid this problem.

.......installing a OS 101. Before you do anything you MUST run memtest to make sure your rams ok BEFORE changing anything or installin the OS.........It will save you hours of headaches.......

Deke6 said:
Make the following changes in the BIOS:

First, set your memory timings manually. For the KVR, I believe they're 3-3-3-7.

Advanced -> JumperFree Configuration
Set Performance Mode to Standard. Do not leave this setting on auto, since it will always play with your memory timings, whether your RAM can handle it or not.

Advanced -> Chipset Settings
Set Performance Acceleration Mode to Auto. Do not leave this setting at 'Enabled'.

This board will always try to force performance mode if you use a 1:1 memory ratio at stock speed.

Therefore, simply set your FSB to 201 instead of 200 to avoid this problem.

thx

Back