• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Some info on Mushkin PC3500 Level 2 DDR400, is it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PC3500, I'm trying new timing to see which will gave me the best results. I called Mushkin and talked with them for 1hr. I'm going to try some new timing and bios.

This is the ram I am going to be buying soon. I was hoping to find something cheaper but this ram seems to be so highly recomened that I guess I will just have to suck it up and pay the big bucks.

It's 140 for each 512MB stick, you can try ebay.

I'm running at 2-2-2-5 and tried 2-2-2-11. I was told by Mushkin that they have been having some good results with it. I'm still using my XP2500 with 333FBS and getting a 458FBS with it. I 'm going to put my XP3000 with 400FBS and see if I can go higher yet. Mushkin thinks I will have no problem.

Grandpa Dan said:
I've played w/both. Are you asking about pc3200(ddr 400) or pc3500(ddr 433)? Either way Mushkin lvl 2 is some of the, if not the best ram available.

It's the PC3500, so I suppose DDR 433.

Whats the difference between level 1 an 2?

Level 1 - CH-5 chips
- used in most high-performance memory
- good for use in gaming applications
- not too great at overclocking
- incapable of running 2-2-2 timings

Level 2 - BH-5 chips
- getting hard to find
- great for use in gaming applications
- great for overclocking, and loves the voltage
- capable of running above DDR433 @ 2-2-2 timings

Oooo... I'm glad level 2 was recommended to me. What about this "Non-ECC" ? Error Check and Correction, I was told. Mushkin doesn't have this?

Last edited:
Mine is fast. Runs at rated spec at 2.8, 432 mhz, 2-2-2-5. I have heard every once in a while they don't run like they are supposed to, but they supposedly have great customer service. I would recommend it if you really want to be sure and your willing to spend of course. Otherwise get some buffalo. Heard it was really nice and cheap as well.

Other than that I just like the black pcb/heat spreader.

Back