• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium 4 2.4G Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4rKCyclonE

Registered
Hi, I have an Intel Pentium 2.4G with an Asus P4P800 MoBo.
I currently have it oc'ed at 2.64G's. I can get it up to 3.1 or so(usuing the bios) but how stable would that be? And what about overheating? My system stats are below....

Welcome to the forums!!!

Don't you mean 2.4C? I have mine running at 3.1ghz everyday, all day and it's rock solid. Keep in mind that not all cpu/motherboard/ram combos work the same so you'll have to do some testing yourself.

For o/c'ing, you really should get a better heatsink and fan if you're using the stock hsf.

In your sig, are your ram modules fighting? (it's dual, not duel) ;) :p

-Bobby :D

3 gig should be a no brainer and no problem at all, even with stock cooling. Lots are running much more than that.

Have mine at 3.2 stock voltage running 43c full load and stable as can be. You need to get Prime 95 to test stablity and memtest to test your memory if you run into problems to test if its your memory. If you go that high stable you will need to get aftermarket heatsink to help heat issues that might occur.

Haha Bobby, What would the C in 2.4C stand for? And thanks everyone I think I will set it right now!

The C is for the chip version.

A = 400 fsb
B = 533 fsb
C = 800 fsb

-Bobby

Back