• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Call of Duty............... Are you playing this yet?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TUK101

What an awesome game. I played the demo to it for a couple of weeks and bought the game a couple of days ago. What a gripping game. It has much the same look and feal as MOHAA, but looks better and does an even better job of getting you to care about the game, and your AI controlled squadmates are a lot smarter. If you havent already tried this game, you should check out the demo and give it a shot. If you liked MOHAA then you will like this one even more.

Excellent game the effect of explosions is done VERY well (when you are close to an explosion your vision goes blur and your sound go faint) i am stuck though, The first russian mission where i am in a boat and that stupid officer is babbling things blah blah blah .. and suddenly everyone DUCKS and i am the only lonely idiot standing and i die lol

tried ducking nothing works apart from looking around with mouse what i am missing here?

Hit the prone key Baquai, it worked for me. I agree it is an amazing game, i enjoyed the Russian campaing the most i think, the way it felt in general felt the best, i especially enjoyed retaking red square, my god the mortars and artillery sound blow your mind. Bothing scares you more then falling to the ground thinking your dead from artillery, then stumbling forward somehow still alive, atmoshperes is great, i bought it the day it came out after playing the dawnville demo.

-Snake

from newegg "ACTIVISION Call of Duty - PC Game RETAIL 1st-person action game. Delivers the gritty realism & cinematic intensity of WW II's epic battlefield moments like never before - through the eyes of citizen soldiers & unsung heroes from an alliance of countries who together helped shape the course of modern history. Play through the chaos of battle as part of a well-trained squad, that lays down covering fire & pulls its wounded to safety. In addition to authentic squad movements & tactics, each soldier's distinct personality & training comes out on the battlefield. No one soldier or nation single-handedly won the war. For the first time, Call of Duty captures the war from multiple perspectives, through the eyes of American, British and Russian soldiers. "

As usual, it's not like the US, England, USSR are the only 3 countries fought the axis in WWII...

There are countries fought way longer and lost more lives.

Back to topic, I was about to buy this game after read some of the stuff here. newegg doesn't have it in stock yet. (my most trusted store for computer stuff). another 2 days to go until they have it in stock.

#18 said:
newegg doesn't have it in stock yet. (my most trusted store for computer stuff). another 2 days to go until they have it in stock.

Unless the price is really cheap at newegg I dont see the point of ordering there.

There are lots of other great companies to get games from.

Gogamer is my favorite.

Man, talk about war games burn out. Is it like MOH and all the other war games or is it in some way very different?

I can't go through another single player campaign again unless its got some kind of a fresh approach to these kinds of games.

OC Noob said:
Man, talk about war games burn out. Is it like MOH and all the other war games or is it in some way very different?

I can't go through another single player campaign again unless its got some kind of a fresh approach to these kinds of games.
To me this game is the closest that I have fealt like I was playing through a movie. It is a lot like MOHAA, but yet you feal much more like you are part of the game. Hard to explain, dl the demo and see for yourself. As for the guy who asked how the multiplayer is, Idunno, I am on a 28.8 connection so that is sort of out of the question for me.

i think my favourite HAS to be russian mission .. if you have seen the movie Enemy Of The Gates trust me you WILL be playing the movie ... i may not make any sense to you people right now but its an experience you should NOT miss

baqai said:
i think my favourite HAS to be russian mission .. if you have seen the movie Enemy Of The Gates trust me you WILL be playing the movie ... i may not make any sense to you people right now but its an experience you should NOT miss

You mean "Enemy at Gates"?

It is a cool movie for the fighting part. As it's a movie about sniper war.

I watched it a few years back, and it made me play sniper in Day of Defeat. Too bad the German sniper were ruined after v1.3

The funny thing is I can see it's one anti-communism movie instead of what it suppose to be"anti-axis?". They picked the most ugly actors for Russian officers, and those officers ordered to shoot the soldiers who falled back. One higher commander forced a lower commander who failed to defend the city killed himself, etc.

Lots of facts in that movie aren't true.

I mean what kind of idiots would give order to kill the defeated soldiers and officers during the time they were short in men?

Another example is they try to let us believe Russians were poorly equiped by showing us some solders don't even have a gun in an assault. Wasn't that suppose to be the situation in WWI? I learned Russian soldiers in WWI had one gun for every 3 soldiers. Not in WWII. They had one of the best tanks-- T32. With lots of other stuff.(If you know some of the history. Germans were suprised "how can a lower race make such advanced tanks?")

Well all the credit I can give to this movie is the sniper war part. Other than that it sucks.

Last edited:
TUK101 said:
To me this game is the closest that I have fealt like I was playing through a movie. It is a lot like MOHAA, but yet you feal much more like you are part of the game. Hard to explain, dl the demo and see for yourself. As for the guy who asked how the multiplayer is, Idunno, I am on a 28.8 connection so that is sort of out of the question for me.

Thanks for at least telling me that. As for everyone else...how is the multiplayer?

#18 said:

You mean "Enemy at Gates"?

It is a cool movie for the fighting part. As it's a movie about sniper war.

I watched it a few years back, and it made me play sniper in Day of Defeat. Too bad the German sniper were ruined after v1.3

The funny thing is I can see it's one anti-communism movie instead of what it suppose to be"anti-axis?". They picked the most ugly actors for Russian officers, and those officers ordered to shoot the soldiers who falled back. One higher commander forced a lower commander who failed to defend the city killed himself, etc.

Lots of facts in that movie aren't true.

I mean what kind of idiots would give order to kill the defeated soldiers and officers during the time they were short in men?

Another example is they try to let us believe Russians were poorly equiped by showing us some solders don't even have a gun in an assault. Wasn't that suppose to be the situation in WWI? I learned Russian soldiers in WWI had one gun for every 3 soldiers. Not in WWII. They had one of the best tanks-- T32. With lots of other stuff.(If you know some of the history. Germans were suprised "how can a lower race make such advanced tanks?")

Well all the credit I can give to this movie is the sniper war part. Other than that it sucks.

Actually, they were again poorly equipt and won most battles by sheer force of numbers. They threw a ton of men at the objective and almost always lost ton of men in the process. I could see them shooting deserters if that is what happened in the movie. Hell, I'd take off too if they tossed me in to a German meat grinder. Didn't they lose about 100,000 men taking Burlin alone?

On a side note, didn't the Russians have women snipers? I'm pretty sure it was them.

I'm going to go try the demo.

OC Noob said:

Actually, they were again poorly equipt and won most battles by sheer force of numbers. They threw a ton of men at the objective and almost always lost ton of men in the process. I could see them shooting deserters if that is what happened in the movie. Hell, I'd take off too if they tossed me in to a German meat grinder. Didn't they lose about 100,000 men taking Burlin alone?

On a side note, didn't the Russians have women snipers? I'm pretty sure it was them.

I'm going to go try the demo.

They threw in 4 million soldiers at the battle of Berlin, and lost around 400,000. That's because you lose more men in assault than defense. They maybe poorly equiped at the beginning of the war due to they weren't prepared. Later this situation changed pretty fast due to their advanced heavy industry. I found source said the Russians built up to 100,000 tanks during WWII.

Deserters(run away from battle field) that's one thing, soldiers falled back after being defeated in an assault that's another thing.

Russians had female snipers. Actually everyone was fighting expect really old people and really little kids.

The russians would shoot anybody that was falling back or not maving as fast as they wanted them too.

They lost an estimated 14 million soldiers in the war.

#18 said:

They threw in 4 million soldiers at the battle of Berlin, and lost around 400,000. That's because you lose more men in assault than defense. They maybe poorly equiped at the beginning of the war due to they weren't prepared. Later this situation changed pretty fast due to their advanced heavy industry. I found source said the Russians built up to 100,000 tanks during WWII.

Deserters(run away from battle field) that's one thing, soldiers falled back after being defeated in an assault that's another thing.

Russians had female snipers. Actually everyone was fighting expect really old people and really little kids.

You may lose more men in assault, but no one else would have lost 400,000 men. They really didn't have much regard for there soliers lives, but thats got nothing to do with communism.

Anyway, are you sure they were sharing riffles in WWII? You would think a well equipt and decently trained army wouldn't have lost 14 million men/women.

Don't know if its in this thread or not, but I do agree it would be cool if games would add more then just US, English and Russian battles. You can only storm Omaha (sp?) beach and do Market Garden so many times.

Back