• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

is my monitor broken?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pinkpig

Registered
monitor.JPG

anyone know what those lines are ?? it just suddenly happen before, i tried degauss but that didnt work, I hit the monitor a few times =) and the lines sometimes became darker and sometimes lighter.

is it time for a new monitor??

thanks
Laura

ehhhhhhh i dont see any lines

do you mean the little boxes that are everywhere over your screen that you did not circle?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the screenshot thats taken come straight from the video card, not actually taking a picture of the screen. So if you think about it that way and how we can't see the lines he is talking about it must be a problem with the monitor. Yea, it sounds like its time for a new monitor if my logic is correct. Best of luck to you!

Matt

sorry i didnt circle all of the lines....

it looks like verticle lines. if u look near the text or name of the folder/file u see like vertical lines next to it.

those are the lines im talking about

Pinkpig said:
sorry i didnt circle all of the lines....

it looks like verticle lines. if u look near the text or name of the folder/file u see like vertical lines next to it.

those are the lines im talking about

I don't see any lines. I see those 2 little boxes, but no lines. I stand with my answer I guess. Still looking for what you mean, I don't see anything?

Matt

take a picture of the monitor not a screen shot

it went away today :confused:

if it happens again i'll take a picture of it instead of screen shot.

But it was weird , when i look at the screen shot i took in this thread i see the lines in the same exact spots, but looking at the pic again after the monitor fixed itself hehe the screenshot is fine again...

thanks for the help
Laura

Pinkpig said:
it went away today :confused:

A lot of times things like this can come and go indicating that your monitor is gradually breaking. Not just one day is broken. Glad its gone, but you probably will need to replace that monitor soon, unless there was some electrical interference at the time it was happening or something. Either way we'll be here if you ever need help with it.

Matt

The monitor is fine. This is not a symptom of a defective monitor, or even one that is gradually breaking down. The make and model of monitor was not given, but my first impression this is part of the normal aging process of the electronics and shadow mask/aperture grille - different monitors show this in different ways depending on their quality. Unless the monitor is showing other more obvious problems, I don't believe for a second it's dying.

Back