• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First Time water cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sk8erfreak986

I am just wondering what kinda cost i am looking at for a water cooling system with a block on my NB, AGP, and of course processor. My rig info is down in my sig I was looking and d-tek and danger den stuff i was just wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on how much it would cost me.

I would use a heatsink with a bi-directional rotating fan on your NB... But not everyone thinks watercooling the NB is overkill. I don't think watercooling your NB provides a considerable enough advantage over good aftermarket cooling to warrant paying $40 for a NB waterblock.

I would expect to pay around $150 for all the components.

If you know what stuff you're looking for it's not exactly hard for you to go to the respective company's websites and check their prices yourself?
I'm sorry if it sounds rude but dude surely you can add up I personally thought forums are more for problems and achievements sharing with the community.
Anyways good luck on WCing your rig.
Later

There is no reason not to ask sk8er, we have a lot of people around here who have gone about building their wc'ing rigs in a lot of different ways... What you can look up and find for cost may be completely different from what you should be paying for the parts.

To look up prices, I like to type the part number or name in a search engine. Like Yahoo, MSN, Google, ... as many as possible. Then you can get an idea of what they are selling for. You might be able to find a good deal on stuff that way too. Surf as much as possible. I think, anyway. Good luck.

Sk8erfreak986 said:
I know what oyu are saying i wasn't really sure what it SHOULD cost...i was just asking that wasn't rude
Sorry my bad for not understanding what you were saying...............its late in england.

IMOG said:
But not everyone thinks watercooling the NB is overkill. I don't think watercooling your NB provides a considerable enough advantage over good aftermarket cooling to warrant paying $40 for a NB waterblock.

Yeah dont go with WC the NB, B/C it will raise your H2O temps, and the benifit of a midly cooler NB isn't worth that, as cooler H2O means a better CPU or GPU OC.

Also, make sure you check your auto parts store and hardware stores - you can find a lot of stuff there for 1/2 of what they charge at online watercooling stores.

Back