• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

IC7-G no pos, help plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nkn22

I just recieved a new p4 2.6c and IC7-G from newegg. I'm pretty sure I hooked everything up right but there was no POS, no beep, and a red light on the mobo. I tried using 3 different vid cards, two of them didn't pos and the other one just didn't even boot up the comp. I think the CPU and ram is fine. Anyone know the problem?

IC7-G
2.6c
pc2700 512DDR

is there is no beep, it is your mobo/cpu

red light means there is power

So then the red light is perfectly normal? What do you think about the vid card thing, when I used an old vid card, the computer wouldn't boot up at all. Maybe because the card is old, or maybe the mobo is defected? If I cant get this to work i'll probably RMA for a P4P800 Deluxe.

Have you cleared the CMOS via the mobo jumper?

Also, you might try removing everything from the mobo except for the CPU, memory, and video card. I assume that your video cards are either AGP 8x/4x or PCI.

Also, are you sure that you have the case power button connected to the right mobo pins?

Worst case... try removing the mobo from the case and booting the computer while the mobo is outside the case. You might have some sort of grounding problem in the case.

Last edited:
Edward2 said:
Have you cleared the CMOS via the mobo jumper?

Also, you might try removing everything from the mobo except for the CPU, memory, and video card. I assume that your video cards are either AGP 8x/4x or PCI.

Also, are you sure that you have the case power button connected to the right mobo pins?

Worst case... try removing the mobo from the case and booting the computer while the mobo is outside the case. You might have some sort of grounding problem in the case.

I think you misunderstood my post. The computer is booting up fine but there is nothing on the monitor and there is no sound. My main vid card is a Geforce 3 Ti200, but i'll try taking everything out and just put the main things I need. Thanks for the advice.

Back