• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Monitor and Gigabyte board

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ManOfKnight

Back in Iowa :( Come on Gators, Get up and Go!
For some reason I KNOW my temperatures are off in motherboard monitor. I have the 7VXRP v1.1 motherboard.

I use the following sensors (don't know if their right, or how off they are)

Mobo - Sis950/ITE8705f-1
CPU - Sis950/ITE8705f-2

Well my problem is my house is now 65 degrees F and my CPU still says it is running arou 46C with the side off...it runs about that all the time, I know it should be cooler

I have what is in my sig

The Rev1.0 and 1,1 read the temps from the sensor in the socket. It reads approx 7 to 10 deg high compared to the Rev2.0 which takes its temp from the CPU diode. To get temps nearer what they should be you can push the sensor down so that it doesnt touch the underside of the CPU. The only drawback is that it will take a second or so longer to react to temp changes than before.
Hood

The CPU temp is the one thats 7 to 10 deg high, the system temp can vary from setup to setup. The reason for that is the placement of the sensor, it sits just under the PSU ( top left) and will depend on case setup(fans placement etc) as to what temps you will get.
Hood

Back