• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Internships...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gingo

Well, it being my last year before college I got an internship set up at a local computer store.

It will start sometime early december and I really look forward to it. To those who have had an internship in the computer field, how did you like it?

Do you think I'll come out of it knowing a lot more about computers and solving various hardware and software problems?
I consider myself to be fairly knowledgable with computers but there is tons of stuff I dont know anything about.

I'm just looking for some general input on what is expected and how much I'll learn.
Thanks.

What is your major?

Computer store probably won't supply you with any earthshattering experience, especially in the computer field, but it'd probably be a good maturation process anyways.

I used to work in one. There's no way we (or any others I've seen) are sophisticated enough to have interns and fancy things. You just fix computers all day.

XWRed1 said:
What is your major?

Computer store probably won't supply you with any earthshattering experience, especially in the computer field, but it'd probably be a good maturation process anyways.

I used to work in one. There's no way we (or any others I've seen) are sophisticated enough to have interns and fancy things. You just fix computers all day.

I dont have a major yet. Its my senior year in high school... I'm still not exactley sure what I want to do. But I like computers and thought this internship might be intersting.

It will probably be interesting (as a person whose worked both in a computer store and now in a corporate computer support setting). There's definitely some things to learn about the hardware side, and if you have a good mentor, you can actually learn a lot of neat windows tricks.

Back