• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Storage Review has new Raptor Review !!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
should have linked it...

here it is:
http://www.storagereview.com/articles/200311/20031111WD740GD_1.html

the made the impressive results of the tests availble in their performance database quite some time ago though.

one piece of very important information was how the engineering sample they were testing did not have command queuing, which the final retail product will have!

the engineering sample's performance in single user environment rivals 15k scsi drives, once command queuing starts working, it won't even be much worse for server applications.

Last edited:
Man if all there tests have been just on the drive without command queuing all I got to saw is damn. The drive is already increadibly fast compared to the first gen already and its still getting faster. Grrrrr makes me want to get one NOW.

actually i want 2 now.

actually how about 4 to do like raid 5 or whatever the really fast and really stable RAID is. :D

Well boy spread that wealth over to me if your going to spend that kind of money :D. I mean I'm buying 1 for sure so now you only have to buy 3 for me to test it hehehe.

Expected price is a little steep at $4/GB. Even 36GB Raptors are like $3/GB. Performance is very impressive, though...

Good work WD.

I hope they're as quiet as they're made out to be, because if they are, I'm definately getting one.

I'll add this link to my thread of the 74gig Raptor goodness. Forgot to do it the other day.

Back