• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Who uses Kingston Value Ram?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quailane

I wanted to know who here used Kingston Value Ram. I bought 2 sticks of pc2100 at officemax about 6 weeks ago for $10 each after rebates, but I haven't gotten them back yet. :cry: They're due by end of second week in December. They are rated at 7-4-4-2.5 at 133fsb but that is a joke. I run an nforce2 IGP and my fsb can't go beyond 170 with onboard video. I have it running steady at 170 fsb at 6-3-3-2.5 at 2.7volts. I just have to say that this is awesome. I was a little worried before buying it but since it was only $19.98 I said what the hey. 512MB of pc2700 ram at good timings for only $20 is just an awesome deal . It's a great buy for any overclocker on a budget, I give it my recomendation.:eek:

i have two sticks of pc2700 value ram (one i bought at best buy with winbond bh-6, other i bought from maxvala here on the forums with the same chips), both sticks do 210+ fsb with cas2 @2.7vdimm. a gig of pc3200 (or more) for about 140$ really puts the value in value ram

I have 2 512Mb sticks of PC2700 Value Ram. I haven't tried upping the voltage on them yet, but I can run at CAS 2 at 200Mhz, CAS 2.5 at 210 CAS 3 at 220 and I've even tried CAS 3 at 230, but it rebooted as soon as it made it to the Windows desktop. I'll get my Barton 2600+ in tomorrow (Just left the UPS depot in Lexington, KY, god I need a life! lol), and soon as I get the new chip on the board I'll start playing around with my voltages and timings to see what these sticks can do. Oh, I have an NF7-S mobo, and the chips on the memory are Samsung (not sure how to tell if they're BH5 or whatever).

This afternoon after school i was messing with the ram some and got 192 stable synchronously at 7-3-3-2.5 Awesomw for pc2100 valueram with kingston chips.

For the money I don't think you can go wrong with the stuff. I went to the Value Ram site to check out the specs on the memory, and it looks like you can safely up the voltage to 2.9V. Anyone here ever pushed the voltage up? I know raising the voltage is supposed to allow running at a higher FSB, but will it let it run faster with tighter timings too?

if i was planning on running my ram at stock speeds, how would pc3200 value ram by kingston or maybe corsair compare to stock speeds on some kingston hyper x or corsair xms? is the preformance greatly different from the two?

When you dig into the matter, you find that timings have very ittle impact on performance. I was looking at some old posts and if your going to run stock, valueram is your best bet because it is so much cheaper for such a little performance drop.

I have the KV333 512 stick cl2.5-

Easily does 205 on the bus maybe more with 3-4-4-8

Memtested it for half a day and zero errors-

The chips are ch-6-

Kingston ram not bad IMO

I have one stick of 512mb pc2700 KVR, only thing is I dont really know how good it is~could be with extra voltage. I ran it with my epox 8kha+ and could get it up to around 180fsb on loose timings with bare board since all 6 pci slots are full and umm fsb overclocking without pci locks and finicky cards doesnt work so well. The ram seemed to not like agressive timings much over 140fsb also. This is what is printed on the ramchips

Hynix 304A
HY5DU56822At-J
Korea
7A2060BCF

If anybody could Pm~post to tell me what in the world to expect from them if i pump up the voltage alot...looking at getting a new motherboard here somtime that lets you up the voltage alot, thanks.

And

Quailane said:
When you dig into the matter, you find that timings have very ittle impact on performance. .

timing are very impotant to your performance

i get better ruslts at 180 fsb cas lat 2.5 than at 193 cas lat 3

you just need to test and find out what your highest tight timings are and balance the results against the loose timings results

p2p

Back