• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

water block!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabrielsurf

Disabled
is dtek 4 or 3 is the best water block to use?

if i have a bigger radiator is it better that smaller?

and is ehiem 1250 pump pretty good or is there a better one for the same price??

thanks guys

umm, the 'best' WB for standard (non-pelt) is likely the Cascade by Cathar, followed closely by his original Whitewater's. Dtek's Whitewater is hit or miss. Then there's the RBX, Evo3, Aquajoe, Swifty waterblocks, Slitedge, TC-4... Lots of good waterblocks available.

A larger radiator is preferred over a smaller radiator. The eheim 1250 is a well-recommended pump by many.

Hope it helps!

I recommend Swifty if your going with a pelt if not... any of those blocks will do (cascade, RBX, swifty, WW). The only problem with WW is the bad base which can be fixed by lotta lapping.

Also, instead of a radiator heatercore would be nice but generally, bigger heatercore is better than a small one.

Eheim 1250 is a good pump but I recommend Hydor L30 as it has almost identical specs, reliability but smaller&cheaper

thanks for the replies but first what is a peltier?

and i meant danger dan maze 3-4 is it any good?

wow im really confused now heater core vs radiator

i thought maze 3-4 is the best now i dont know.

what about the black ice extreme radiator 3134 btu?

Gabrielsurf said:
thanks for the replies but first what is a peltier?

and i meant danger dan maze 3-4 is it any good?

wow im really confused now heater core vs radiator

i thought maze 3-4 is the best now i dont know.

what about the black ice extreme radiator 3134 btu?

Lolz you remined me of my self when I recently came back to the WC community in september or so... (I thought Maze 2 was good...) ok let me clarify.

Peltiers, simply put, is a device that uses electricity to cool something. It looks like a tile with 2 wires coming out of it. One side of the "tile" is really cold and the other side of the "tile" gets really hot. It baisically ransfers all the heat from one side to the other. So the cold side would be used to cool your cpu and the hot side will be cooled by a good cooling option such as WCing or phase change, etc etc
The reason why I say mcw5002 is better for a pelt setup is because mcw5002 focuses on cooling the entire base of the block instead of just the center. RBX, cascade, WW all focuses on cooling the center where the die of the CPU is.

Heatercore (small radiaotr used in automobiles to heat your car during winter) baisically IS a radiator excpet its more cools more efficiently by reducing flow restriction. Other radiators made for computers such as Blakc Ice, Thermochill, etc etc costs alot more and will not perform better than a heatercore mainly its higly restrictive. Most people get a 1986 Chevy Chevette heatercore due to it's compact size, cheap price, efficient cooling.

The best block currently is a Cascade made by that awesome guy named "Cathar" It uses jet impringement technology to "spray" the center of the block.

ok thanks but it is still confusing i will have to read up on it a lill more untill i buy.
somepeople say water block some say peltier some say radiator some say heater core doesnt make much sence to me just yet i will have to read up on it more to understand.

but thanks for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pelt's are expensive but better. Someone will correct me if Im wrong, but you want to have a water system if you have a pelt. You use the pelt to cool the CPU and the water system to cool the pelt.

Definently read up for a week or two before you decide what to buy, you cant go wrong by reading the boards.

Not only are the pelts more expensive (pelt, dedicated PSU, condensation prevention) its alot more work. It sounds like it's your first time so just stick with watercooling instead of peltiers.

It's not like you HAVE to choose either a pelt or WCing... They usually go hand in hand.

Back