• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCing the p4 2.4 800FSB...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Erdrick

Registered
I have a 2.4 800 hooked up to an Asus P4P800 Deluxe. This board is unlike any other that I've used, in that they make OCing possible anyone. You simply choose from a percentage list of how much you want to OC (5-30%). Right now I'm running it at 20%, which is giving me around 2.9ghz. My system runs perfectly stable, and my temps are around 23C for CPU and 25C for MB. Under load they will increase to around 30C for CPU and 28C for MB.

What are some numbers that people are getting from similar setups? Im thinking about pushing it farther (ie -- choosing the 30% option hehe), but I have no real need to now.

Yeah, just about every 2.4C that I've heard of will do 3.0ghz in a stable fashion; lots more of them are seeing 3.2 and higher. The 2.4C chip is Intel's golden model for right now...

Not many people here use that method of overclocking, we like to set everything manually and go for broke. A 20% overclock is nothing for the 2.4C, it won't even break a sweat. Go into the BIOS and set the AGP/PCI to default 66/33 speed and then crank up the FSB to 250 MHz to see that bad boy do 3 gig. It'll probably do more than that, but you might have to start playing with voltages at that point. But, that should get you started.

Yeah, I had heard (after I bought the beast) that the 2.4c is the best chip out there now as far as intel stock goes. I am pretty psyched about it. Well, if I were to use Asus' 30% I would pass the 3.0ghz mark. Of course, I dont like using this wimpy way to OC, but as far I as I can see from the bios that the P4P800 deluxe uses, this is the only route you can take as far as OCing goes. Course, since I found this method I havent looked much further. Perhaps there is a way to revert to manual settings, but I havent found it yet. I love that I can OC almost 800mhz with stock silent fan and the wimpy stock heatsink. Long live Intel!!!

Back