• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cd Burner pooped?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goofyman23

Never have had a problem with it, Philips CDRW 4000 Series, but now it wont burn anything. I've always used memorex CDR's but I bought some TDKs this time. Well I burned 3 or 4 fine, now every cd I use, no matter what I burn to it, gives be an error.

It tells me "track following error" in Nero. I have also tried BurnQuick, but it does the same.

I can still use it to play cds though.

Does this sound like a bad batch of CDR's? Has my burner bit the dust?

Could be bad CD's or burner. I had a Yamaha(back in the 4x days) drive that only burned with certain CDs. I thought I had bought a bad stack and pledged never to use that kind again. However I ended up keeping most of those CDs and when I got a new burner I tried on of the same CDs and they worked.

This was after making about 20-30 coasters before switching to new CDs:mad:

You could try the CD's in someone elses comp and if they work you have a bad burner. Nothing lasts forever and you can get them dirt cheap nowadays or get a DVD burner.:D

Back