• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

generals

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
hi all...........i love c and c generals and zero hour, however is net code that incredibly bad...........i was on a lan with 2 other people..........the slowest computer has a 2.4 and a 9700pro....... so our comps are sufficent.........the game ran like *** and i mean *** and it always does unless only 2 people are playing!!!WTF im now hating a game i love does anyone have anything 2 say that can help me out

excellent game

My question is are you playing online or network? I know exactly what you mean by running like ***, I hope somebody eles can add to this thread cause I would also like to know whats wrong.

EA's netcode for Generals is very poor. A lot of times you can join a 3v3 or 4v4 game that should take about 45 minutes and have it last for hours because the game is just so slow. It was the same in regular Generals too, they didn't fix it at all in Zero Hour. When you do find a fast game though it is still a blast.

part of the problem is when you have alot of GLA's and Infantry generals because of the 1000's of units on the battlefield. ZH code could be better, but its not completely to blame. when i play generals not focused on massing units games tend to go much quicker.

framerate cap.

help, i am finally starting to get into generals and it runs so sluggish compared to the old C&C games. anyways when i run FRAPS it shows 20 FPS always, no matter what res or quality settings. My system should be able to do better than that, so it must be framerate capped in the ini file, anyone know how to modify this? TIA

Back